5 SERIOUSLY RECOMMENDED Charleston wedding venues for out-of-town brides
Are you planning a destination wedding in Charleston, South Carolina? Finding the best venue that will accomodate your needs and simplify the long-distance process can be quite a task...but it doesn't have to be. Here is a list of the top 5 most recommended Charleston wedding venues for out of town brides.
LARGE SCALE WEDDING VENUES (75+guests)
Old Wide Awake Plantation-
- rustic 'Charleston bride' look and style
- the house manager is also the wedding planner which makes it super easy to organize and great for other vendor referrals
- large property and beautiful house
Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina-
- large facility
- multiple ceremony and reception locations to choose from
- private beach front property
- catering and lodging included
The Barn at Summers Corner-
- budget friendly
- tons of perks included like: juke box for music, antique decor, furniture, bridal suite
- gorgeous barn and farm property
- perfect for country couples!
SMALL SCALE WEDDING VENUES (Less than 50 guests)
The Governor House Inn-
- bed & breakfast can accommodate up to 22 overnight guests and up to 50 wedding guests
- the #1 B&B in Charleston on TripAdvisor
- pristine historical house dates back to 1760
- close proximity to the Battery and White Point Gardens - perfect for photo opportunities before/during the wedding or for guests to tour while in town
- located in the heart of downtown- close to restaurant options for the rehearsal dinner
Charleston Harbor Tours-
- awesome way to show your guests the best of Charleston - sunset, water, Ravenel Bridge, the Battery, etc.
- fun, unique, unforgettable experience!
- catering, beverage, and entertainment can be provided
- can accomodate up to 250 guests -- it is a better experience though with a smaller group because all guests can be in the same area where the 'action' is happening!